Webinar Length: 1 Hour
Purpose and Background
Engineers have numerous career options available to them. What you decide to do is influenced by where you are in your career lifecycle. You will want the transitions that you will experience throughout your career to be as informed and seamless as possible, and this is where career planning can help.
By understanding your career lifecycle, you are better prepared to be deliberate in your planning and actions. This webinar explores the typical phases in an engineer’s career lifecycle and offers insight and options to support you as you develop your career plans.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Assess where you are in your career lifecycle.
- Understand your options for professional development as it relates to your current and future positions.
- Use networking as a component for career development.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This webinar teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Critical thinking skills used to develop/refine a career development plan.
- Assessment of career planning best practices to determine applicability.
- Professional development and networking planning techniques.
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
Certificate of Completion
Participants’ achievement of the learning outcomes will be assessed via a multiple-chose quiz consisting of 10 questions.
This webinar applies to licensed professional engineers, technical, and other business professionals.
- Assessing your current situation
- Career lifecycles
- Career goals
- Professional development
- Goal setting
- Career development plan
- Commitments and responsibilities
- Planning inventory
- Achieving the ideal state
Earn Your Professional Development Hours and Get Your Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing an online post-test with a passing score of 70% or higher. PDH credits are only awarded after course completion and successful passing of the quiz. This webinar earns 1 PDH upon successful completion of the quiz.