Webinar Length: 1 Hour
Purpose and Background
This webinar offers insight and practical steps to help you earn trust and be effective in your new role.
Starting a position as a new engineering manager can be overwhelming or stressful at the least, even for the most seasoned professional. Perhaps you have been promoted to management within your current organization or you have joined a new organization. Either way, new expectations can be a source of pressure for new managers. Many managers tend to rely on their experience, education, and other credentials or recommendations to support them in their new role. That’s fine, to a point. Every new opportunity is just that—a clean slate where professionals can essentially start over and re-position themselves for greater impact and levels of success. A New Engineering Manager’s First 90 Days provides insight and action steps to help both new and experienced managers position themselves and their teams for peak performance.
This webinar is designed to enhance participant’s management skills, promoting goal clarity and the importance of culture and relationships in accomplishing tasks. It also aims to guide highly skilled technical professionals to consider the broad scope of their responsibilities and prioritize for the short-and-long-term. The knowledge and skills presented in this webinar can be applied across industries and in a variety of professional settings.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Review background documents and gain goal clarity.
- Assess your supervisor’s style and preferences and determine appropriate working parameters.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with your peers.
- Envision new ways of working with collaborators, supporters, and distractors.
- Model the way for your team.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This webinar teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Critical thinking skills used to conceptualize and implement improved processes.
- Techniques for interpreting and discussing budgets and forecasts.
- Best practices for appraising performance in relation to goals, strengths, and challenges.
- Effective communication skills for partnering with management and your team.
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
Certificate of Completion
Participants’ achievement of the learning outcomes will be assessed via a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions.
This webinar applies to licensed professional engineers, technical, and other business professionals.
- Get up to speed quickly
- Your supervisor’s style and preferences
- Gaining goal clarity
- Communicating with management and your team
- Understanding employee strengths, goals, and challenges
- Aligning learning opportunities with expectations
- Owning your development
- Identifying collaborators, supporters, and distractors
- Partnering with your peers
- Modeling the way for employees
- Knowing your numbers
- Setting goals with employees
- Inheriting underperforming employees
- Being strategic, tactical, or operational
Earn Your Professional Development Hours and Get Your Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing an online post-test with a passing score of 70% or higher. PDH credits are only awarded after course completion and successful passing of the quiz. This webinar earns 1 PDH upon successful completion of the quiz.