Webinar Length: 1 Hour
Purpose and Background
This webinar offers techniques and practical goal setting examples. This Engineering Manager’s Guide to Goal Setting webinar is designed to help engineers confidently manage the performance of others. You will learn about the interconnected relationships of organizational, departmental, and individual goals. You will also improve your ability to navigate difficult conversations with underperforming employees.
We live in a hyper-competitive environment where the competition for talent has never been more intense and thus, we need to develop and retain the talent we attract. In this context, the ability to manage performance effectively is critical for professional and organizational success, it contributes to the development of teams and benefits the entire organization.
This webinar helps by providing you with the necessary tools to manage performance with confidence. You will be trained to think broadly about goal setting while developing the ability to create goals at various levels throughout an organization. This webinar will also help you develop within a context of managerial expertise and to operate more effectively as a broad thinker who understands the interconnectedness of organizational goals with individual performance.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Cascade organizational and departmental goals for exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Communicate expectations and recognize progress.
- Guide the performance of inherited staff who have been mismanaged.
- Anticipate common pitfalls experienced by managers.
Specific Knowledge or Skill Obtained
This webinar teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Goal setting as a component of performance management.
- Effective goal setting techniques and your role as an engineering manager.
- Goal setting in the context of business development.
Assessment of Learning Outcomes
Certificate of Completion
Participants’ achievement of the learning outcomes will be assessed via a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions.
This webinar applies to licensed professional engineers, technical, and other business professionals.
- What is goal setting?
- Why goal setting matters
- Organizational and departmental goals
- Cascading goals
- Goal setting and performance management
- Your organization’s goal setting practices
- Goal setting with inherited staff
- Common goal setting pitfalls
- Goal setting and your career
- Goal setting and your life
Earn Your Professional Development Hours and Get Your Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing an online post-test with a passing score of 70% or higher. PDH credits are only awarded after course completion and successful passing of the quiz. This webinar earns 1 PDH upon successful completion of the quiz.